I have been in IT for over 30 years and have lead a fairly blessed life with travel and fun and a few major health disasters that have sometimes derailed me. For anyone who knows me I am full of opinions 🙂 and have lots of interesting stories to tell so I thought I would try to perhaps try to share some of those experiences and give you a place to share yours.
I started this site as I researched a Niche for myself I discovered the thing I know most about in life is being a woman.
- I know what it is like to be a little girl who is smarter than the average bear growing up in a traditional happy household where success will be measured by getting married and having babies and knowing really early on that wasn’t for me.
- I know what it is like to be a woman who no matter what job I walked into I never got paid what the man who had it before me did.
- I know what it like to be in an industry like IT from the very beginning where I was more often than not the only woman or in a very small minority.
- I know what it is like to be the first woman appointed to a board and have the the chairman continually call me “girly”.
- I know what it is like to be the head of a world first project and have the supplier arrive and ask me to get them a coffee.
- I know that with all that to deal with it with laughter and no bitterness and still really like men.
- I know what it is like to lead a team of 180 and make sure that all my staff were grown and worked together with fun and laughter and were more productive and to ensure the women in my team were treated well and helped along with a bit of special attention.
- I know that my worst bosses were often women and never understood why.
- I know what is like to love someone and lose them.
- I know what it is like to be a victim of domestic violence.
- I know what it is like to have a male surgeon tell me I have cancer and that I have to have all of the bits that make me a women ripped out with virtually no empathy.
- I don’t know what it is like to be a mum but I know what it is like to lose a child.
- I know all the pitfalls of online dating and have lots of hilarious stories to tell.
- I know what it is like to sail around Australia as a single female and again have many hilarious stories to tell.
- I know that during menopause especially after a hysterectomy, that you think you are going mad and there are few places to go for help because everyone thinks you are a happy and balanced individual and can’t deal with you being something else so you just pretend.
- I know what is like to have a group of girl friends that provide you with lifelong support
- I know what is like to be a daughter, a sister, a niece and the Fun Aunty
I decided to look for sites that provided advice and guidance for woman in all kinds of situations. When you type in “advice for women” sites it was amazing. At least 60% initial search came up with titles like ” How to get a man”, How to please a man”, “What do men want from women”, “how to please a man in bed” etc etc. Another 25% the involved “how to lose weight”, “How to look younger”, etc 10% were links to magazines, I really only found one site in Australia that had the look and feel that I would like but it was mainly aimed at career women.
Don’t get me wrong I would hate to create a woman’s whinge site, or a I hate men site, but is how we look, how we get and keep men, how we climb the corporate ladder really what defines being a woman? I want my site to be about how it Feels to be a woman, how to deal with those feelings and to provide a place to express those feelings. I want this site to either create or show you ladies out there the best places to go.